Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,225   Online: 1066

Images
    Today was my first attempt at IR film in 120. I chot some scenics out in the Los Padres National Forest. I did about 1/2 of the exposures at the suggested exposure of 5.6 @ 1/60th or the equivilent, and the other half with my meter set to iso 50 plus compensating for thr red 25 filter on my lens.

My film just finished fixing, I decided to take a peek prior to washing it. Zero exposure on the film, nada, nothing, zilch... except for the side markings.

Film is Konica 750 that had expired in 2002, but had been in cold storage. Dev was Hc110 dil B 7 mins at 20c.

What the heck happened?
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not sure what happened, sounds like a camera fault, surely something would have shown up?

Images
    thats what I was thinking. The film did go all the way through the back, the take up reel was on the other side. And I Just checked the cam / lens and it is firing properly. Strange!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you loaded it inside out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does sound as if you loaded it inside out. I did that myself after using a couple of old folders for a while then going back to my Bronica I loaded the first film without pulling the paper backing the proper way off the roll.
    Brian McDowell

Images
    I donit think I could have loaded it backwards. I had to line the arrow up with the start point on the back.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I made the mistake of loading a film upside down in a roll back :-(

The start arrow is visible on both sides when loading grhhh fortunately I was testing some odd-ball film from China and did not have any valuable images.

Mike

Images
    Sonofabitch! I'm back to noobsville!
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Get this, took around 30 rolls of film for a 70th anniversary, people flew in from across the country. I used my jobo and was proceesing like a fiend. Down to the last five rolls and in my haste forgot to clip the baffle into the lid section. Processed the film, out and into the wash and arrgghhhhh film ends fogged, edges fogged into the image area.....and of course they had to be the specially arranged family shots - probably never to be repeated.

The moral of the story - to err is human.......

Well that's my excuse

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin