Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,470   Online: 1126

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Old FP4+ development hints

I've picked up a ratty old full 50 box of FP4+ for basically nothing. The base is thicker than the current FP4+, it has only a single big U-shaped notch in the corner (instead of the code used on present FP4+), and came inside a waxy-feeling paper. The film sheets are separated by Kodak-orange coloured sheets of thin paper.

Now that I think of it, it might be FP4 and not FP4+ (I can't remember if I actually saw a +).

Any hints for development? Same as current FP4+?

I've loaded up 12 sheets in my frankencamera and I'm planning to use it for pinhole stuff.
    http://ashphotography.ca/zenphoto/ca...ll.jpg_700.jpg
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My times for FP3 and FP4 were the same, I used some FP4 in Peru last November and I didn't notice a +, but it must have been (just checked and it is the FP4+).

Usually the improvements in the emulsion make little difference to the speed & development times. Ilford mark the significant changes by renaming the product. Fuji do the same, Kodak are quite inconsistent. So Tri-X has changed very significantly over the years but no name change, while Tmax films are sort of rebadged.

So yes\same as FP4+

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian, I appreciate it. Saves me the hassle and wasted sheets from testing. For what I'm going to use it for I don't much care about zone system precision or anything like that.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin