Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,604   Online: 664

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dropped the photoflo in favor if a squeeze bottle with distilled water. I hang the film and squirt a stream down both sides of the film catching the water runoff in a small basin below. never had a spot in at least 4 years.
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use distilled water and Sprint wetting agent. I'll never go back to Photoflo.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Saved condensate water from the AC unit run during our Washington, DC humid summers. Filtered, with 2 drops of Photo flo or LFN. Wet fingers in photo flo and "squeegee" lightly after the film is hung up to dry. No problems, ever.

John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use distilled water + Ilfotol wetting agent. I just get a 5ltr container of distilled water from the hardware store, drop in the correct ammount of wetting agent, shake it up, and leave it on the shelf. I tried with just distilled water, but still had problems. Better to be too careful than not careful enough, I guess.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Distilled water and a drop of LFN. No spots. No problems.

Jerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It depends
    If I am developing roll film its (fairly soft) tap water+wetting agent and then a film wiper (fingers or rubber blade)
    If its sheet film, i use commercial de-ionised water as my last wash & soak for about 5 mins with occasional agitation.
    I then put them in a Durst UT100 film tent to dry with the fan only & no heat.
    After about 20mins I put the heat onto the first setting for about 5 mins & then back to unheated air for the last 5mins.
    I found if I put the heat on straight away I could occasionaly see "tide" marks on sheet film (roll film seems OK)
    If I never put the heat on at all the films seemed to take to long dry and the drying tent becomes my film developing critial path
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm with rippo. I use tap, my local tap water is relatively clean so constantly purchasing and lugging distilled water into the downstairs bathroom is not necessary. I just got some PhotoFlo so I'm gonna try that. Oughtta reduce that drying time a bit. But unless your tap is horrendous, I wouldn't worry about distilled water.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I do not squeegee off the photoflo + distilled water.
    Is this a problem?
    Wouldn't know. I've always squeegeed. Quick dry.
    If you're tempted by an eight blade. Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    I use distilled water with phot-flo and also for mixing developer, stop and fixer. I even use distilled water for washing the film. Don't know if this is over kill but I have clean negatives (Other than when my wife use the vacuum cleaner in the same room the film is drying)

Rafael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use Agfa Sistan in distilled water. I have a liter made up and use it over and over for about 20 films - then make another liter. Lasts for ages.

It does the same as LFN in the final wash except it has a couple of added bonuses (the second of which helps a lot here in Florida).

1. It converts the silver in the emulsion to a more stable form making the negatives more archival. (A claim by AGFA)

2. It is anti fungal and so stops the rather nasty stuff eating away at your emulsion in years to come - something I have unfortunately experienced with some of my older negs here in this hot humid climate.

I understand that AGFA has started making it again - at least the DigitalTruth website is advertising it. Highly recommended.

John
    http://www.pictorialplanet.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin