Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,055   Online: 926

Thread: Bergger BRF-200

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yesterday I went to my local photo supply store to stock up on my normal films and low and behold they had some Bergger BRF-200 in both 120 roll and 4x5 sheet film. I could not resist so I bought 25 sheets of 4x5 and 5 rolls of 120. The 4x5 is tucked away in the fridge as all my holders are loaded. But the 120 roll-film is in my bag and I will be heading out the door in the next couple of hours.

I have heard this film has a nominal EI of 100 and and develops well in Pyro. The instructions also give times for D-23 diluted 1-3. Both are stock developers for me but I have never tried D-23 at this dilution but imagine it could give sharp results as the quantity of sulfite by volume is dramatically reduced.

Has anyone tried the D-23 combo?

Hope you all have a great day

Mike

Mike,

Both PMK and ABC and BPF really work well together. If you're going to enlarge that 120 negative, I suggest PMK because BPF is pretty grainy all by itself, and the grain is made even more evident by a pyro developer.

You'll be very happy with the results. One thing...be SURE to use distilled water with in the pyro developer because if you're not careful the BPF film base stains significantly. I find the more distilled water I use in the process, the clearer the film base.

It's great stuff. Have fun!

dgh
    David G Hall

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin