Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,903   Online: 1131

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak PolyContrast III RC and Analyser Pro

Does anyone have the offset and contrast numbers for Kodak Polycontrast III RC paper? I’m in the process of programming my new AP and noticed these aren’t in the calibration booklet.

I have a stock of the paper and would like to program it into one of my PAP channels.

Thanks!

Nick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

a step tablet work around

I use said Kodak paper with my ilford multigrade filters. I print a 21 step stouffer and then eyeball the range and speed relative to new MGIV specs that are packed in with every bag of the ilford paper. I did this initially for two reasons - I didn't want a second set of filters for my condenser head enlarger, and the paper was old and I did not know if it had lost speed or contrast before it had got to me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Someone is willing to give me his Kodak Polycontrast III RC-F paper (a bunch of 100) with some other darkroom accessories for 30$.

My question is the following: what kind of paper is this? If it is called "polycontrast", I assume it is a like Ilford Multigrad. If not, what is this? And after that many years of storage, is this still a reliable paper? I was kept in a dry basement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polycontrast III RC-F is a variable contrast RC paper with a glossy (F) surface.

In its time, it was quite good. If it is not age fogged, and can still achieve good blacks, you will be able to get good prints out of it.

My last few Postcard Exchange rounds have been printed on 4x6 Polycontrast III RC-F paper that an APUG member (dances-with-clouds) generously gave me. It is only now starting to show some fog.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I will test it (polycontrast III RC-F) out this week-end. I might have paid it too much (30$) but there was a red light bulb and a brand new Paterson developing tank in the deal. The tank could be sold on a local website for 25$...

There also was Kodak Ektachrome color paper (25 8 X 10 sheets). Some people around me could use it, otherwise I will offer it for free (only shipping being asked). But, since it is old paper, I would be surprised this paper is still usable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tried working with reversal processing old Ektachome papers, and then feeding them through a statndard RA-4 colour print process.

The first developer and optical reversal works fine, but getting good colour saturation is always leaving me wanting.

I had a new to me 100 sheet Radiance pack, used 15 shhets with calibrating and trying to get an image, and then binned the balance of the pack.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin