Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,200   Online: 964

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd forgotten about the vitamin C in orange juice. Maybe I'll give it a try, just for the heck of it! Oh, and I do know about caffeinol, paRodinal, and other home-brew developers. I didn't mean to start a re-hash of discussions about them, just solicit opinions on OJ, since I didn't recall ever seeing it mentioned as a possible developer. FWIW, I didn't notice coffee amongst the products they had available, but they didn't provide viewers with a clear list, either.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A film developer using a imprisoned black boxer?
    Now, that's seems a bit hard to make.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    A film developer using a imprisoned black boxer?
    Now, that's seems a bit hard to make.
    Perhaps he has Alkaptonuria...

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/172/8/1002
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Images
    He was a football player, and a very good one running back.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried this yesterday, it did develop the film when some soda was added, but the tank came open while agitating, and the lights were on so I sorta scrambled to get the developer to stop... was in for around 15 or 16 minutes.. the images that were visible were not really transparent (I assumed this was from not enough development time)... and I had to get out of there cause my time had run short (school hours)

but for my first time to actually develop the film myself (and since he still wont let me use his film developer) I rather enjoyed trying orange juice!

ADDITION: BTW, i used B&W film, T-Max 400
    Last edited by knoxissimpler; 03-01-2008 at 09:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They would have been better trying human urine (I guess you might be able to call it a common bathroom liquid, if not a kitchen one).

Shooter
    35mm

tried coffee, didn't work

I tried the afore mentioned coffee, couldn't get it to work... and I still haven't had time to replicate the original results with OJ (need to find out what kind it was, I just found it at school)... any suggestions for when using coffee? I found that OJ tends to make a froth that keeps coming back...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Coffee developer is slow and is a pull & staining developer. You'll lose about 1 stop of speed so overexpose your film by 1 stop. It takes about 30 minutes to develop. You are using washing soda not baking soda to change the pH, yes?
    here's the recipes for caffenol
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/techdata/caffenol.php
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    yes I am using washing soda, and thank you for telling me that I need some more exposure (really had no idea)... and good news, even though my OJ developed film never really became transparent enough, I still made a contact sheet and a enlarged print!... I'll try to post them tonight maybe..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    doesn't it have to be something someone has heard of to be a myth --- OJ as developer is not one I have heard.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin