Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,715   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Getty's Archive

http://www.getty.edu/conservation/sc...on_wanted.html

This looks interesting. they are building an archive for future conservators about early and current film and photographic paper. Send them a few items!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The Getty Needs Your Help

(moderators: If you need to move this, do so)

The Getty Conservation Institute is looking for help in creating an archive of photographic materials.

From the site:

What You Can Do
    Send us samples of photographic paper and plates, film, negatives, sample books, and dated photographs. We need examples of all types of materials from every year since 1827. So, send us the box of Kodak Elite paper that might be collecting dust in your attic, that Foma film from 1985 that you think you'll never use, or the extra photographs from your 1988 (or 2006!) trip to Yosemite that didn't make it into your photo album.

We need samples that are dated and include the manufacturer's information. Even damaged materials are useful to us if they are stamped with a date and have the manufacturer's name or logo stamped on them.

Have a look at this for more details...

Shooter
    35mm
    Last dated Dec 2006? That's a pretty old posting, I imagine they are up to their necks in submissions by now. Wonder if they're willing to trade old film/paper for old canvas, covered with oils, etc. Just a thought...

paulie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's see, they won't give you a receipt for donation, they won't reimburse you for shipment and they restrict access to researchers and scientists; of whom I'll bet exactly none of us will fit that definition.

Frankly, I am tired of these types of back-handed solicitations that come from very well heeled institutions.

Let THEM eat cake...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Please send your dusty Kodak Elite to me instead
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understand Getty is a Bill Gates company. That alone would deter me from sending him anything (I'm that jealous of success).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    I understand Getty is a Bill Gates company. That alone would deter me from sending him anything (I'm that jealous of success).
    Huh?
    the Getty Centre in LA, linked to in the first post, is an art institute run on a multi billion dollar bequest left by oil man J Paul Getty.

You are perhaps thinking of the quite separate stock photo business Getty Images which is a public company that was started by a Getty descendant. The other big stock photo company is Corbis & that is privately owned by Bill Gates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Huh?
    the Getty Centre in LA, linked to in the first post, is an art institute run on a multi billion dollar bequest left by oil man J Paul Getty.

You are perhaps thinking of the quite separate stock photo business Getty Images which is a public company that was started by a Getty descendant. The other big stock photo company is Corbis & that is privately owned by Bill Gates.

Ah, you are right. Sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill Gates is or was involved in Corbis, that may be the confusion.

Images
    Bruce, you need a haircut.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin