Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,162   Online: 1108

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bergger Prestige Variable CM FB

Hi all...

I recently got a box of this paper through a fellow photographer. It's about 5 years old. There is no fogging at all, whites are very crisp, but I notice that it is about 2 stops slower than Ilford paper and the contrast is about a grade lower.

I've read a thread on APUG that confirms the speed, but I was wondering about the contrast.

Does anyone have any thoughts on speed and/or contrast with Prestige? I'd love to hear all thoughts on your experiences...

BTW, I love the feel of the paper, a beautiful semi-matte just a little toothier than the Ilford semi-matte...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't used this paper for some years but what I remember of it, it was indeed slower then Ilford but I felt it was on par, grade for grade with the Ilford WT.

What I can certainly say is, It didn't like my sodium safelight or my under enlarger orange filter, they would lightly fog this paper even after only a few seconds exposure. One of the reasons I switched my safelights back to red.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin