Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,417   Online: 844

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freezing paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    ...have acquired a selection of chest and upright freezers and fridge freezers - all full of (mostly discontinued) papers...Tim
    Damn, Tim....what's your electric bill run per month? ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cadmium?

Tim, please explain about your cadmium comment. I have seen this mentioned before in posts. What papers used cadmium?

The reason for my question is that I have tested positive in the past for cadmium toxicity in my system. Always wondered where I would be exposed to cadmium.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Sattler View Post
    Tim, please explain about your cadmium comment. I have seen this mentioned before in posts. What papers used cadmium?

The reason for my question is that I have tested positive in the past for cadmium toxicity in my system. Always wondered where I would be exposed to cadmium.
    Firstly Loren, the inclusion of cadmium has been prohibited by many countries for some years now. Of current papers the only one that is alleged to still contain cadmium is Fomatone, but this will disappear soon under EEC directives.

The second point is that Cadmium has been banned because of its impact on the enviroment, resulting from discharge etc, mostly in the manufacturing process. I am not aware of any firm data showing harm to individuals from handling and processing these papers in the darkroom.
    Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin