Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,653   Online: 647

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks, all!

I also remembered after I posted, www.digitaltruth.com . A decent selection at rock bottom or close to that pricing.

And yes, I've done my share of 20 Mule Team Borax and washing soda! Unfortunately, Sarasota is not Denver and I doubt if I can get sodium sulfite here. There are no more photo labs and the last "real" photo store and processor will be dropping E6 soon. The vast wasteland. I'm steering toward low sulfite developers anyway, so what I have might last awhile.

As to photo grade "good enough", yup, we don't need hyper-purity, IMNSHO. For instance I've seen where people use automotive Propylene Glycol for the Gainer formulations in place of its pure brethren without apparent ill effects.

Gracias for your thoughts!

Shooter
    35mm

Forget the pool store...

...at least the one I go to here in Sarasota.

Before I went I found some good chemical lists of pool goods on the internet.

Sodium sulfite was $14 for two pounds, no sodium thiosulphate, and Sodium Bisulfite was, in reality, bisulFATE. I didn't look into carbonate since I can get washing soda at the grocery store.

Oh well, I piced up a new leaf net, a mere $25........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin