Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,181   Online: 711

Images
    I was cleaning the mouse poop out of my darkroom and found an old bottle of GAF Flemish Toner. I bought it lots of years ago and it was probably old then. Doesn't look bad, i.e. it hasn't turned a funky color, but something in it has solidified. There are crystals in the bottle. Does anyone know what this is and how to bring it back to life, or is it destined for the toxic waste dump?

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    wasn't Flemish Toner just Seleninum Toner from GAF? That is what I think. I had some several years ago and that is what I used it for. Seemed to tone the prints just fine.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    What color are the crystals? if they are reddish then it is selenium and you can just pour water on them and make yourself a new toner, if not then I have no idea.

Images
    I think the crystals are clear. Liquid is a very pale yellowish.

Indeed it is selenium toner, but what about the crystals?
    Watch for Loose Gravel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin