Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,769   Online: 1098

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

C41 bleach for b&w?

Is c41 bleach ok for b&w paper? I got more of it than I'll need for color negs before it goes bad. I'm thinking of two bath reducer and sepia toner in particular.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Domin View Post
    Is c41 bleach ok for b&w paper? I got more of it than I'll need for color negs before it goes bad. I'm thinking of two bath reducer and sepia toner in particular.
    The ammonia in the bleach can fix out detail in highlights to a certain extent. It probably will turn out to be unsatisfactory for this purpose.

It keeps very well.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Does dilution matter? I'm interested in using it rather diluted for better control of the process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is the ammonia that counts not the dilution. If it bleaches, then the ammonia would be too strong and could remove silver in highlights. The bleach for C41 is on the edge of being a mild blix for B&W, but to color due to the huge silver level, it is only a bleach.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin