Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,151   Online: 986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bergger! Whats the deal?

Considering the way things turned recently for Bergger, I'm hoping Simon can fill us in on this...
    As a matter of curiosity, when is Bergger expecting production to be back up and running in the new facility?

And as a matter of print making, as VCB Style is hands down my absolute favorite paper...
    When is distrubtion expected to have the paper out to its usual sources again?

If Simon can't answer this...does anyone else have any information on the subject?
    I really need to get my hands on some...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    New Bergger products are already available in France.
    I tried the new NB paper, which is very beautiful, and very different from MGIV.
    I hace read elsewhere that new CB is very close to warmtone from ilford. But I can't confirm it.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You really need to ask Bergger not Simon, try looking at their website, they market their own products.

The new products were only released recently in Europe and aren't fully available yet, product will have to be shipped by sea to the US, that can take a little longer, from experience sometimes 4 or 5 weeks.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Ian,

You are quite correct, we will not comment whatsoever on any Bergger product, now or in the future as this is a commercial agreement between Bergger France and HARMAN technology Limited, I am aware that Bergger do regulaly check the APUG forums.

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The only thing is that Harman claims that they do not sell their own products to other labels. I am right Simon?

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    The only thing is that Harman claims that they do not sell their own products to other labels. I am right Simon?
    There is a subtle difference between repackaging your own brand products under a different label for sale, and manufacturing for someone else to their own specification, which is what I believe Harman are doing for Bergger.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That is what I believe, too. Indeed, I tested new NB, and compared it to old one, and MGIV. The New paper is very close to the former one, but quite different from MGIv.

the analog place to be

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried a box of Bergger VF FB a number of years ago and, while it was a decent paper, it seemed to me to be very, very slow. This was probably about the time that Oriental went bust and vanished from the US market, and I was casting around for a new paper. Is this experience typical or wacked for some reason?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been printing with an older box of Bergger VC-CM and it is wonderful, giving a beautiful warm bronze-like tone on a white base. At least it's white in comparison to Ilford WT, but it doesn't come at you like a creamy base, just the emulsion gives you the feeling of warmth. In selenium for a minute at 1:10, it tones beautifully. The final image color reminds me of the feel of the images in the large Jean Loup Sieff book from Taschen.

Yes, it is slow...about 2 stops slower than Ilford and slightly less contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just remember the new Bergger will be very different from the older Forte produced products. Hopefully a better price too.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin