Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,719   Online: 1242

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Anyone else use dilution to push 'n pull?
    Joe
    Yes, I used to. With Rodinal and Tmax100 & APX100 I used 1+25 for N+2, 3+100 for N+1 & N, and 1+50 for N-1 & N-2

With high dilution liquid developers, then varying the concentration seems to be a far better option, I also used this method with Ilfotech HC ) Ilfords version of HC110), and the first Tmax developer, before finally settling on Rodinal.

Now using Pyrocat HD and Xtol my times are between Chuck's, and the other suggestions.

N-2 -20%
    N-1 -15%
    N
    N+1 +20%
    N+2 +35%

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Anyone else use dilution to push 'n pull?

I used to use HC-110 at various dilutions and a set development time and temperature (6 minutes 20C). <snip>

Joe
    Here are a couple of threads on using varying dilutions of HC-110 to control contrast.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...-dilution.html
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/2...-dilution.html

The info is from The Handbook for Contemporary Photography, 4th Edition by Arnold Gassan. 1977

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The basic general rule is +25% increase in time per stop, and -20% for pull per stop. Your agitation, exposure and preferences will dictate the final amount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin