Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,813   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    BobF

Unless you work for free,.... then buy a used one from ebay or the like. between $50 and $100. .
    I do work for free as this is just a hobby and I don't want to spend any $ if I don't have to. I think $50 is not likely unless I get real lucky. I would guess that over $500 is more to be expected for a useable unit.

JHannon - I am glad to hear that it has been useful for you but I am also wondering what you are using the reversed lense for as the book doesn't mention anything about it. Either a later edition of the book has more info or you came up with your own adaptation. Either way I am interested in what you did.
    Bob, this is just a hobby for me too. The part about using reversed mounted lens (I believe) is in the 4th edition of the BTZS book. Phil talks about another used that did this. I guess the lens element he describes in the plans is no longer available. I loaned out my copy so I can't give you the page number, but it is in the edition I bought new about 1 year ago.

Since the lightmeter sits on a stand, you need to add a magnifier to get that close. Some people also use a series of +1,+2 lens filters to get the proper distance. You also need a way to baffle the light to a small spot. I use a rear lens cap with a hole drilled in it. I am just too lazy to build the stand so I hand hold it. The 35mm lens has a 49mm thread and the meter has a 40.5mm thread, so I bought a 49mm to 40.5mm adapter then a 49mm to 49mm coupler I think it is called a reversing coupler.

I hope this helps please email me if you have any questions.

I would love to own a real one but the Ebay scene is too dangerous for me.

An old MacBeth sold last night on Ebay for about $40. I did some looking and it sounded like it would do everything I need but then I found something about it being totally unsupported [hey it's old] and if it needed service it would be good only for the dump. So the stuff is out there.

You know guys - that most labs have these- at least the good ones do. And if asked , are more than willing to read your negatives for a few dollars. Just ask.

You know guys - that most labs have these- at least the good ones do. And if asked , are more than willing to read your negatives for a few dollars. Just ask.

Well Robert, that old Macbeth sold for $41 actually. I know since I bought it. The way I figured I couldn't loose. The seller says it is functional. If the lamp is bad that can be replaced. Calibration should be easy enough. Minor repairs to things like switches or power supply I can do myself. The only killer would be a failure of the detector which would probably mean the junk heap. But for $41 it seemed like a reasonable thing to try.

The 102 right?

I found this:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en....cinternet.net

and got scared off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin