Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,753   Online: 839

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Thiourea toner contamination?

I have just received a Thiorea toner kit from Formulary and I am wondering what precautions I should take to avoid contamination. Should I get a set of new trays and keep them dedicated? Will my old dirty developer tray be of any use?
    Thanks Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    I have just received a Thiorea toner kit from Formulary and I am wondering what precautions I should take to avoid contamination. Should I get a set of new trays and keep them dedicated? Will my old dirty developer tray be of any use?
    Thanks Dennis
    Contamination is the bane of toning in general Dennis. If you plan to do more toning it's a good idea to buy new trays and keep them dedicated as far as possible. When you think of the time and expense involved in making the prints in the first place, the cost of extra trays is not so much compared to re-making the prints.
    Tim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin