Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,383   Online: 1087

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...bnr.ca&rnum=16

I've got everything but the cell. Maybe I'll drop by radio shack tomorrow.

Images
    Looks interesting. I actually got an old densiometer with a bunch of surplus photo gear last weekend. I haven't had a chance to check it out. If it is operational, I'd be morethan willing to loan it to fellow APUGGIES as long as they foot the shipping.
    hi!

Just came home from Radio shack. They don't stock the cds cell anymore. I may end up having to order one. There goes the instant gratification bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some cds cells laying around in the basement. Want em?

Thanks. I spent some time on the phone after getting back. Active reacted with confusion. Proof the world is going to the dogs. I then check the net for suppliers and found a place not more then a 15 minute drive from here. They also have a few other things I might be able to use. So I'm just picking them up when I drive by during the week. Place sounds interesting.

Well I built the thing.

Pros:

"Construction" is easy. Connect the clips to the ends of the cell and you're done.
    It's cheap if you own a meter.
    It takes up no room. It will fit with my meter.
    Calibration once I figured it out was easy.

Cons:

it's dark in the darkroom. The problem is the meter is hard to read in the dark. I ended up using a flash light to read the meter.
    I'm not sure if it works. I used it to measure a clear section of an old negative and got 0.643. I guess that's fogbase?

I'm thinking of ordering a stouffer transmission wedge [yes finally] maybe that'll help me figure out if it works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess you have to eliminate the ambient light in the room from effecting the readings. I wonder if an enclosure could be made that would focus the readings on a tighter area of the negative...That is why the spotmeter method uses a magnifier and light baffle, to prevent flare from effecting the spotmeter readings.

Let us know how it works out,
    John

I'm thinking of putting the meter in a box. Then I can shine a light on it. The reading is the size of the cell right now. Can't be very big.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin