Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,536   Online: 839

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I seem to have trouble loading the film onto the reels alot of the time... I use lint free fabric gloves to handle the film and only ever touch the edges and the back side of the film... No issues with fingerprints or scratches yet...
    Good questions by the way Jason... I'm still learning all this stuff too...
    Also some of the replies have been incredibly tenchical for such a newbie thread... I dont understand half of the posts...

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanBell View Post
    ...Also some of the replies have been incredibly tenchical for such a newbie thread... I dont understand half of the posts...(
    Jump in and ask about the items that aren't making sense. We've all been newbies.

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjoo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I won't be using a changing bag, so maybe a pair of nitrile gloves. While I haven't tried putting film on a reel yet, I'm sure it would be even more difficult with gloves on. I'll give it a go in a week or two!
    I use cotton gloves that I buy at my camera store. They are much more comfortable when you are doing complex dry work.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I use cotton gloves that I buy at my camera store. They are much more comfortable when you are doing complex dry work.

PE
    I buy a pack every time I go to the camera store as well, but mainly use them to handle my negatives after they've been developed. They're really cheap and each one is stitched a little differently, so they never fit right. I can't imagine reeling the film onto the spool with these gloves.

I'll try reeling the spool with both the cotton and nitrile gloves. If not, I'll have to use my bare hands and be as careful as possible

Jason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanBell View Post
    I seem to have trouble loading the film onto the reels alot of the time... I use lint free fabric gloves to handle the film and only ever touch the edges and the back side of the film... No issues with fingerprints or scratches yet...
    Good questions by the way Jason... I'm still learning all this stuff too...
    Also some of the replies have been incredibly tenchical for such a newbie thread... I dont understand half of the posts...
    Hahaha I agree Nathan. A lot of times things just fly over my head, but I'm slowly picking up on some of the terminology.

I think once I get into the actual process of developing my own film, things will come along faster, but things have been very hectic lately, so I won't be able to get my feet wet until a week or two.

It's all very exciting though!

Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, I've only had 3 or 4 sessions of develloping film...
    First attempt was terrible...
    Second attempt was about 40% salvageable (but I really like the effects anyways! I pushed the up to 3 stops on some of them, develloping would have been much better if I had used fresh fixer each time instead of reusing it... Lesson learnt...)
    Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2134917...03785806/show/
    Its supposed to be vied as a slideshow as the images are meant to be in order to document a trip to Adelaide in South Australia for a mountain bike competition...

I've since devellopped another 2 batched which look much cleared when using fresh solution each time. I havent had them scanned as yet though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Nathan, great shots! Not as bad as you made it seem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin