Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,047   Online: 790

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone using Efke pl100 and pyrocatachol hd? What ei have you found and your overall impression?
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Works just great for me! ISO 100 and developing by inspection gives nice results - no danger of blown highlights
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just got a box of Efke PL100 and was thinking of using Pyrocat-HD instead of ABC.

Any ball-park times? When do you start looking?

Thanks
    Paul Hamann

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since I mostly develop by inspection and don't use a timer, I have no precise times...

However, I did two batches in JOBO tank (inversion, 1.5liter solution): The first, at 9 minutes, was too thin for my taste; the second was a bit too much at 12 minutes. Somewhere around 10.5 minutes seems to be right.

When I develop in trays, I can usually see the negative (poor light-proofing) after about 6 minutes. Four more minutes sounds right(ish), but this is (more or less) continuous agitation.

I don't use any kind of safelight for this, just my sloppy lightproofing. I have not seen any tendency to fog on any of the film I have used so far, but I did fog one when I tried with a dark green safelight after 8 minutes development...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin