Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,899   Posts: 1,521,074   Online: 921

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    This is pretty amazing. I decided upon 1:50 just last month. First because the time for AristaEDU-Ultra 100 is so short in 'B' that it's not recommended (and kinda short for PanF+, too) Secondly to make the math simpler for 1/2 litre & 1 litre, and lastly for economy.

So I'm having good results with:

AristaEDU-Ultra 100, rated at 100: 20C, 6.5 minutes [half a dozen rolls]
    Ilford PanF+, rated at 50: 20C, 5.5 minutes [about a dozen rolls]

David.
    Hi David,

I added your info to the page, and gave you the credit. Hope that's ok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Super. Appreciate the effort, and prefer the metric-friendly 1:50, especially since 1:31 is a bit too active for some films. And I DO remember the nonsense of going through the two recommended dilutions (with a slide rule in hand) to arrive at my 500ml of working solution.

I'll check back on your page to see if anyone recommends alternate times for PanF+ at 1:50.

D.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Which technically is 1:49, not 1:50, but the difference surely wouldn't matter.

Matt
    the ratio concentrate to dilutant is 1:49, which is interesting to some degree.
    however the ratio of concentrate to final solution is 1:50, which is what we
    really are talking about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good idea. Better to make it simple when you can.
    I love the video...
    G.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    In the interest of KISS, when I took 1 oz. of HC110 goop, and added it to 31 oz. of water, I got one quart of useable film developer.

So, if I choose to go 1:50, and have a tank that holds 500 ml of solution, and I wish to fill the tank, how much goop do I use and how much water?

John (perplexed) in Mount Vernon, Virginia USA
    Just to annoy Jason cos I know he loves it when I do, it's even easier to say:

1+49 is the ratio. Why? Because 1+49 = 50 and if you have a 500ml tank then the amount of goop you use is 500/50 = 10. 49 lots of 10 is 490 and 490 + 10 is 500.
    Dividing by 50 is so much easier than dividing by 51

And I agree 1+49 is a good dilution because it gives times sufficient for use in inversion tanks.

And Jason, you may like to add to your page that in Europe some HC110 sold in sizes less than 1 litre are not the same strength as the 1 litre bottles and therefore require different dilutions from what is quoted on your page. Many have been caught out by this little ploy from kodak.

The 500ml bottle dilutes 1+9 for Dilution B whereas the 1 litre bottle dilutes 1+31 for dilution B.

Now that's what I call confusing

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rob champagne View Post
    Just to annoy Jason cos I know he loves it when I do, it's even easier to say:

1+49 is the ratio. Why? Because 1+49 = 50 and if you have a 500ml tank then the amount of goop you use is 500/50 = 10. 49 lots of 10 is 490 and 490 + 10 is 500.
    Dividing by 50 is so much easier than dividing by 51

And I agree 1+49 is a good dilution because it gives times sufficient for use in inversion tanks.

And Jason, you may like to add to your page that in Europe some HC110 sold in sizes less than 1 litre are not the same strength as the 1 litre bottles and therefore require different dilutions from what is quoted on your page. Many have been caught out by this little ploy from kodak.

The 500ml bottle dilutes 1+9 for Dilution B whereas the 1 litre bottle dilutes 1+31 for dilution B.

Now that's what I call confusing
    LOL

No annoyance here, I'm still trying to decide exactly what 1:50 means on my planet...

Oh, and there is a little disclaimer that the times are for the US version.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    LOL
    Oh, and there is a little disclaimer that the times are for the US version.
    Well being uncivilised I didn't read it all...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rob champagne View Post
    Well being uncivilised I didn't read it all...
    I thought you guys had gone metric.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I thought you guys had gone metric.
    well that depends. For example, would I demand a pound of flesh or 453.592 grams of flesh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another thanks from the metric world

Your acros100 time is about the same as what I had come up with for a 1:59/1:60 dilution iso80 combo

Love your work, keep it up

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin