Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,800   Online: 977

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    I'm working on 1+50 (10ml of goop per 500ml of water), but won't know the times for the film I have until I'm done with it. (Also, it'll help to have a meter. I'm generally very close with Sunny 16, but metering to be sure in this case is probably a plus.)
    Hi Stephanie,

What film are you using and what did you rate it at?

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Right now I'm using the J&C 400 (Forte) at ISO 400 (or thereabouts). I shot Adam and developed for 13.5 minutes, but that's a little long.

Once I get my meter it'll be better. I'm just using the Sunny 16 method ATM.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Right now I'm using the J&C 400 (Forte) at ISO 400 (or thereabouts). I shot Adam and developed for 13.5 minutes, but that's a little long.

Once I get my meter it'll be better. I'm just using the Sunny 16 method ATM.
    Actually, I think 13.5 should be about perfect. How did they turn out for you? When you get your meter and get it dialed in for sure I'd like to add that info to the page if it's ok with you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just developed 5 rolls of 35mm HP5+ in HC110. Patterson tank on a rotary roller mechanism. 1+60 for 10 minutes at 68 degrees. The pictures are grainy, but only really noticable in the skin. I've been using it for the last few batches of 5 at a time cannisters, and haven't had this "problem". The grain is not unattractive, but it is noticeable. I'll post a picture to in the standard gallery to see if it turns up in the scan. Anyway, is this normal?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace View Post
    Jason -thanks for the info. I've been using HC110 at 1:50 and 1:100 too. I use Arista.edu ultra 100 in 120 with HC110 at 1:100 for 18 min at 20C. I agitate for the first 30 seconds continous, then one inversion only at 3,6,9,12 and 15 minutes. I only use HC110 from the syrup, one-shot. I seem to get some acutance effects with the high dilutions, but not as much as rodinal.

i too was having difficulties when i first started using hc110.

i use a similar set up as above. i use 1:119 at 68 degrees cont for the 1st min and then every 3rd min after that. foma 100 (arista.edu.ultra).

how i decided to get by all this difficult math is i take the volume of water i am going to use and divide it by the dil i plan to use. i use 1600ml of water/119ml and i get 13.4ml of syrup. (so in the end i have 1613.4 of solution) now it may not be exactly 1:119 but i use it the same every time and it works fine.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin