Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 774

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T-Max 100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Webb View Post
    When I saw what John Sexton and Clyde Butcher were able to do with TMAX I wanted to be able to do the same. That was quite a while back. Needless to say, I was really disappointed at first. For the longest time, and I am talking about years, I couldn't get results that I liked, even though TriX, FP4, PanF, and HP5 were working for me. Finally, in 2007, I found a combination of exposure below 100 and development in PMK that produced something I really want to be able to recreate and keep using, and hopefully even improve on. For me, it has been a long and I would also say somewhat expensive road, but worth it, and I would guess that there is still more that can be obtained with this film, if I keep improving my methods. My luck would be that now that I havve decided this is a favorite, they will discontinue it.
    Couldn't agree more. I rate it at ISO 80/dev. in PMK pyro. I do hope Kodak don't discontinue Readyloads, so convienient and such clean negatives.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    ISO100 is just great in Ilford DD-X. in other developers you lose speed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I couldn't agree more with the necessity for maintaining strict temperature and timing controls with this film. Small variations do have a greater effect upon it, and TMY for that matter, than on more conventional films. But once you get that under control, the film is a real winner. For those times when you want a film with as close to no grain as possible, TMX is the one. I rate it at box speed and develop in XTOL 1+1. Nice stuff.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've gotten great results with TMAX100 sheets (tray development, I know I'm low budget here :P ) with XTOL and DDX.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin