Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,870   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have been working with Mr Jollys methods for 10 years now and his articles on this printing method are excellent, well thought out and easily followed.
    Personally I am using the two developer method directly onto prints and have done little to no work on the negative stage.* the second developer is saturated with postassium bromide and the thinking is the grain structure of the flashed development is different then the one with no flash therefore creating a certain split .
    At this moment I am starting to print five years work, 30 x40 inch Ilford MG4 with the double developer and I am tri toning the prints in Bleach Sepia, Gold and selenium, the series is called Heavy Metal and I credit Mr Jollys excellent articles as the source of all my information.
    I hate to call these solarizations as Ron and I have had many rebuttles to each other on my use of this term for what I do. But as the articles do point out they are solarizations but I don't care to argue the point as I just am happy with the results no matter what the real name of what I do is called.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    It may or may not be true, but Sabattier has stuck. Today, people still confuse Solarization with Sabattier, but this does not make them right. They take place in different places and use a different mechanism.
    Fair enough. Perhaps we ought to be using "psolarisation" for pseudo-solarisation, and then people who prefer the Sabat(t)ier name can call it the pSabattier effect... :-)

-NT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin