Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,984   Posts: 1,523,914   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Developing OLD Verichrome Pan

Hi all,

I just received my first folder in the mail today (a Zeiss Ikonta 520/2) and to my surprise it had a roll of Kodak Verichrome Pan in it. I'd like to develop it to see what's on the roll but I seem to find conflicting developing times -- the massive development chart and Kodak both recommend 7 min @ 20° in D-76 (stock) but I've also seen people recommend upwards to 17 minutes, since that was the recommended developing time for the film way back in the 60s. I'm pretty sure I have the older film -- red paper backing, Kodak type is serif, etc..and the information is written in both French and English.

Anyway, I'm assuming the shorter times were meant for the Verichrome Pan that was made until a few years ago...but the 10 minute difference in recommendations is pretty big and I'm not really sure where to start. I have seen the slightly older post here on APUG by pentaxuser about having a similar problem....I guess I'm just curious as to why there seems to be such a big difference in developing times.

All I have at home is D-76 and Microphen...I know HC-110 (B) is often recommended for developing old films but there's no way I can get here in Nancy so I'd appreciate any advice as to times I might use with either of these developers.

Rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin