Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,618   Online: 777

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, what sucks is the storing of the gallons. Small house. Once I start printing, I'm going to be really screwed.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm

Ah, yes....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Well, what sucks is the storing of the gallons. Small house. Once I start printing, I'm going to be really screwed.
    I feel your pain. I lived in a 429 sf house (with cat) for six years. I stored a LOT of things outside.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My problem is lime. I've tried multiple things to get streaks of deposits off my film and have had no luck. I'm going to have to move to an all distilled water workflow again. It sucks.
    You needn't use distilled water for everything, just the final rinse for film only. I'd recommend some sort of wetting agent anyway, be it Kodak's PhotoFlo or Edwal's LFN. Calcium, or lime, is pretty well handled by the sequestrants in commercially prepared chemistry or with the addition of Sodium EDTA to homebrew stuff as recommended by PE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Apparently not MY lime. It appears to be some kind of stubborn variety that a good wetting agent can't even get rid of.

I tried a distilled water rinse with a last bath of PhotoFlo mixed in distilled water and still got spots. The only thing that's worked without hitch for me was when I used a fully distilled water work flow. So...back to buying water I go.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    BTW, what do you do to keep your tea from forming scum in London? Or your beer? Actually, I enjoy a warm pint at the White Harte on Drury Lane and a good cuppa.

PE
    Does the muffin man happen to drink there too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, but Sir Arthur Clarke used to.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I tried a distilled water rinse with a last bath of PhotoFlo mixed in distilled water and still got spots. The only thing that's worked without hitch for me was when I used a fully distilled water work flow. So...back to buying water I go.
    I get spots when I use photoflo in my distilled too. So I just use distilled.

Also, instead of rinsing with distilled. I soak for at least five minutes. That works better for me, I still get spots when I just quickly rinse because I'm in a hurry.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

BTW, what do you do to keep your tea from forming scum in London?

PE
    Use a teapot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin