Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,284   Online: 954

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Developement Pan Atomic X advice

Hello everyone

I have a lot of Kodak Pan Atomic X film 6140 Type V-Class C ASA 64.

I'm curious has anyone else used this? and if so any recommendations on a developer and development time?

~Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Panatomic-X developed in Kodak Microdol-X and Rodinal

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Hello everyone

I have a lot of Kodak Pan Atomic X film 6140 Type V-Class C ASA 64.

I'm curious has anyone else used this? and if so any recommendations on a developer and development time?

~Steve
    I found that Kodak Microdol-X worked great with Panatomic-X, so I would expect Ilford Perceptol to also work well with it.

Another developer that worked well for me with Panatomic-X was Rodinal diluted 50 to 1 and Rodinal diluted 100 to 1.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    what development times and temps were used for the rodinal? do you remember?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not off the top of my head, but the data (including D log E curves) is in my notebooks in my file cabinet at work. I will pull the data out and post it for you on Monday.
    Last edited by Tom Hoskinson; 03-15-2008 at 08:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    cheers man!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodinal 1:100, 68F, 12 minutes, two inversions in 5 seconds every 30 seconds. I used to add 45 grams sodium sulfite per liter of working solution. These days I'd use Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) as per Patrick Gainer (gainer here on APUG).

http://www.unblinkingeye.com/Article...l/rodinal.html

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well I can now declare my first experience with pan Atomic X has been a pleasant one! thanks for the Dev info lee L this has worked really well!

~Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephen: For the 1:50 Rodinal dilution at 68 deg. F, I used 9 minutes with intermittent agitation (10 seconds of gentle torus motion tank inversion each minute).

for the 1:100 Rodinal dilution at 68 deg. F, I used 13 minutes, 30 seconds with intermittent agitation (10 seconds of gentle torus motion tank inversion each minute).

The 1:100 dilution curve was a little flatter (more linear) than the 1:50 dilution curve.

Cheers!
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephen, I diluted my Rodinal with distilled water, no sulfite added. I rated the Panatomic-X at 32 (120 rollfilm and 35mm). I performed this testing in 1979.

I also looked at my 1979 test results for:

1. Tri-X developed in 1:100 Rodinal diluted with distilled water, no sulfite added. Base plus Fog= .26
    2. Tri-X developed in 1:100 Rodinal diluted with distilled water, with sodium sulfite added. Base plus Fog= .31

Other that the small increase in Base plus Fog for the sulfited Rodinal, the D log E curves for 1. and 2. are virtually identical
    Tom Hoskinson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin