Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,805   Online: 843

Shooter
    35mm RF

Delta3200 @ 1600 in Diafine?

Has anyone tried this combination?

I'm looking for a 2-bath developer that can properly handle Delta3200 @ 1600 or Tri-X pushed to 1600.

Does anyone know of a 2-bath equivalent to XTOL or Ilford DD-X?

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've asked about TMZ, not Delta, in Diafine, and was only told that its not good, or particularly fast. I must admit, I've tried it, maybe I should stop being lazy.

As far as 2 bath and Tri-X, why not Diafine. I routinely shoot it at 1250 at concerts, and if I had to, I'd go 1600 (even though its only a third of a stop faster) and am very happy with it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Several years back I ran a series of developer tests with delta 3200. We were looking for the maximum amount of speed in the shadows and which developer produced the most beautiful results at enlargements up to 40x50. Detail in the shadows and easily printable highlights kept us from exploring aggressive push development (not to be confused with stand developing which is another form of compensating development you could try) The final contenders were DDX, id-11, formulary divided d76, xtol, diafine, and cachet's ab55. Of those ab55 was my favorite. The diafine didn't have as great a tonal range and did not produce the beautiful, pronounced shadow separation of ab55. I found the nominal asa of this film to be somewhere between 800-1000. Higher speeds are certainly possible but at a great cost to the shadow areas. It's been a while since I've used AB55, I honestly don't know if it's still available. These days I'm fond of rodinal 1:100 and a one hour stand.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Looks like Freestyle is still selling AB55.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...d=305&pid=5583

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Is it possible to reformulate XTOL as a 2-bath developer? XTOL works very well for push processing and highspeed films.

XTOL 1 liter:
    1 g
    acetic acid, pentasodium salt
    Sodium metaborate (8 mol)
    4.0 g
    4-Hydroxymethyl-4-methyl-1-
    0.2 g
    phenyl-3-pyrazolidone

Part B (Dry Formulation):
    Sodium sulfite 75 g
    Sodium metabisulfite, 3.5 g
    Sodium isoascorbate 12 g

Is this possible if I isolate the Sodium metaborate in Bath B or are there other chemicals present that initiate development?

thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin