Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,209   Online: 958

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    How do your negatives load onto the reals? Doesn't the film travel vertically in the Bronica film holder? Your image is oriented vertically with the length of the film right??
    huh?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Jacobs
    David, no, it wasn't resting on its side at all. Thinking through it, If it had been on its side, considering the way the negs load onto the reels, the banding would've been vertical, rather than horizontal. I'm really at a loss for this one.

Could it be a problem with agitation? I do the standard Ilford-prescribed ten-second agitation per minute. Usually I invert four times during those ten seconds. Never had a problem before, but could that have anything to do with it?
    You stated that you have delveloped many 220 rolls using the identical techniques and materials? After hearing the details, I would have to conclude that the problem was a chemical one brought about by some unintentioned modification in technique and/or handling.

Here are some possible senerios: 1) The film was loaded properly but there was sufficient displacement in position to set up a condition where the developer was depleted in areas where the film layers were at closest proximity. Agitation in this case was just not sufficent to replace depleted developer. 2) The film was properly loaded but the developer was not entirely uniform due to (a) undesolved patriculate from a recently made up solution, or (b) dissolution of developer prior to loading due to temperature change of the stock. 3) Same as 1) except agitation caused too rapid development in the close areas.

Seems a little conflicting doesn't it? I use a modified agitation technique which I developed over the years: My technique is to invert three times, rap _hard_ three time to prevent air bells, then let it rest for a quiet minute. I do mostly 120 in a ss tank and reel and adopted this technique after recieving "bromide drag" in a 35mm reel (PXP, I think).

Truly, dr bob.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin