Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,317   Online: 1009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    [QUOTE"Urethra"??? I have to try saying that on my next roll!

Having to say "Urethra" perfectly to the police was the pre-1967 analogue version of the breathalyser in the U.K..

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Urethra? What does the Queen of Soul have to do with any of this?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    My favorites evolve, but I remember my own tendencies early on were to muck about, and upon hitting some lucky combination of emulsion, exposure, developing, and printing to declare "Urethra! the magic bullet has been found!"

Later, as my control and consistency grew, I found the differences in my results were not nearly so much attributable to a particular film, developer, or paper, but to me and my control and experience with that particular thing.

I still find many differences in films, papers, developers etc. but they are much more subtle than I used to think.

I have come to understand that outstanding results are possible with almost anything so long as you understand the performance characteristics.
    AMEN brother!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Something is wrong here. Way too much sanity in this thread. ;>)

Neal Wydra
    What the HE double tooth pick are you talking about!!!!! If you ain't shooting Qx320 and souping it in Veridol 1:53, you flat are missing the boat!!! Everybody know all real photographers use Qx320/Veridol! If you don't it just proves your an armature!!!!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    My favorites evolve, but I remember my own tendencies early on were to muck about, and upon hitting some lucky combination of emulsion, exposure, developing, and printing to declare "Urethra! the magic bullet has been found!"
    Was that with a long lens or short:rolleyes:
    Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Later, as my control and consistency grew, I found the differences in my results were not nearly so much attributable to a particular film, developer, or paper, but to me and my control and experience with that particular thing.

I still find many differences in films, papers, developers etc. but they are much more subtle than I used to think.

I have come to understand that outstanding results are possible with almost anything so long as you understand the performance characteristics.
    That's a really mature and experienced way to explain it. We all have our "favorites" and I can really relate to the "Magic Bullet" Theory

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Real words of turth, thanX, I can't wait for the moment I stop "mucking" around.

Just as an aside, did you mean "Urethra" as an expletive.

urethra |yoŏˈrēθrə|
    noun Anatomy & Zoology
    the duct by which urine is conveyed out of the body from the bladder, and which in male vertebrates also conveys semen.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think the semen is the magic bullet part of it!
    Amusing Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Maybe the makings of a new developer! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin