Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,845   Online: 864

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Foma fine art base warmtone.

I'm familiar with their cream base warmtones but can anyone give me a description or comparison of this paper?
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000002391
    What kind of surface is it?
    How warmtoned is it and in what way?
    Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I tried it out last year along with several other warm tone papers trying to find one to stock my fridge with and it was in the final running. It is pretty similar to Ilford WT and Oriental WT. It doesnt have quite as glossy a surface though it might be a bit smoother. Not something to reject it over. I foun it to have nice color processed in a cold tone developer and it was about the same as the Oriental. The thing that made me reject it in favor of the Oriental was #1 the price and #2 when I processed it in a warm tone developer the color went sort of lemony yellow. I liked the Oriental and Ilford color better in the warm tone developer. I did not try the Foma in Ansco 130 but I suspect it would be pleasant warm.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin