Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,031   Online: 998

Images

pushing Tri-x 1 stop

I can't find where it was said, but seems someone said to you can get good results shooting Tri-x at 800 without adjusting the developing time from normal for 400. Has that been anyone's experience?

I have 1 roll shot at 400 and one at 800. I can process them separately, obviously, but if it's not necessary I'd rather get them both done at once. Can this really be so?

Phototec shows quite a difference in developing times, by the way. (Surely that's for a reason! ) Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Images
    Oops. Should have said, I guess, I'll be using D76 1:1.

I do also have a new bottle of HC110. If there's an easy way to mix that for dilution H without making a huge stock bottle, I can. I've never done it from syrup, but I think I've got a baby medicine dropper around here somewhere. I like dilution H w/Tri-x, but the d76 is fine, too. And it's ready.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear jgcull,

This may be the quote you were looking for. It is from the Tri-X data sheet.

"Because of these films’ exposure latitude, you can
    underexpose by one stop and use normal processing times.
    Prints will show a slight loss in shadow detail."

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I last used HC110 Dilution B for 5 minutes at 68 degrees for Tri-X rated at 800, small tank, 120 film. Negatives were great and printed very well on Grade 2.

HC110 dilutions are easy from syrup. Dilution B is 1:31...one part syrup to 31 parts water. Take your total liquid in your tank (mine is 450ml) and divide by 32. The result is 14, and that's the amount of ml of syrup you use. Subtract 14 from 450 and get 436ml, which is the amount of water you use. Total liquid is 450ml.

Dilution H is 1:63, so divide total liquid by 64...very easy.

Use the data sheet for times and temps...and double Dil B times to get Dil H times.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did just this the other day, no problems what so ever, aside from a little shadow detail loss.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    up the development time 15% -
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tend to up the development time, too. I use x-tol though, but D-76 should push the film just fine.

Images
    Thanks, guys! (and Suzanne ) I decided to process them separately to be safe.

Janet

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin