Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,884   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's on the emulsion side and it prints white....are you sure it's not a hair embedded in the emulsion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    If it's on the emulsion side and it prints white....are you sure it's not a hair embedded in the emulsion?
    yea i checked...I've had this negative for a few years and always reprint it now and then. I just printed a few copies the other day and noticed the scratch once the prints were dry. I probably printed this same negative a few months ago and nothing was there. The scratch just appeared out of nowhere....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    The scratch just appeared out of nowhere....
    I thought I had a case of that the other day. I was printing a pic to put in the travelling portfolio, choosing to print on some FB paper and noticed a whopping scratch. I have printed this neg a few times and hadn't noticed it before (including an RC one I gave to someone which included some spotting so I had examined it pretty closely) so I grabbed the very 1st print of it I had done and I could see the scratch, so it had been there all along! Did the nose grease trick on the emulsion side (1st time had to do that) and couldn't see the scratch in the print! When I have done the nose grease trickin the past, once I've finished with that neg (that night or maybe a day later) I clean it with some film cleaner before putting away in the neg sleeve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just soak the negative again in water 1 or 2 degrees celsius above developeing degree for 15-20 minutes. When the emulsion thickens again the scratch fills up and go away. I worked for me on several negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That sounds pretty good...I think i'll try that later this week. Thanks!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that tip Liza, as it made that scratch totally disappear! That little trick restored one of my favorite negatives. Thanks again!
    RL Foley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin