Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,312   Online: 868

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    After reading the earlier post I picked up one of my Dad's old photography magazines today.

To put things into perspective here's a quote from a letter to the editor in the Spring 1948 issue of "Photo Arts".

"....I came across an article in your swell magazine on the future of color. The story began with this provocative question: "Is Black-and-White Photography doomed?" The accompanying photographs make the question a foregone conclusion. Obviously, black-and-white photography is not only doomed according to your pictorial evidence, but it seems incredible that it has survived this long...."

And yet, 60 years later, we can still buy black and white film. It's not as easy as it used to be but it's still here.
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ok, thy this on for size!

This is probably the last Kodachrome ad Kodak ever ran. It was in "Darkroom Techniques" from the early 90s.

Kodachrome and Ektachrome shared the bill.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Print Kodachrome ad resized.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's a great site at http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/ for anyone interested in the history of Ilford Ltd. Some good memorabilia pics there also, a few of which I have contributed.

Maurice Fisher is the site owner; I'm sure he would welcome any examples of old Ilford advertising for inclusion on the site.
    Roy
    ----------------
    Real Photographs | Weeping Ash U.K.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "We cannot compete with those English fellows."
    - overheard by Alfred Stieglitz at the Joint Exhibition, New York City, 1891.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only thing more loudly represented than Ilford was Kodak in my magazines - they're on the back cover of pretty much every issue I have. Kodachrome 25 especially is touted very prominently In those days. Mid 1970's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AP_Jul_1975_bkc.jpg   CAM_aprl_1977_bkc.jpg   AP_Sept_1980_bkc.jpg   AP_nov_1974_bkc.jpg  
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Fantastic.....I love them all....A lot of our archive went to the Museum of Photography in Bradford UK many years ago.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Related to the 100th anniversary in 1994 of Lieven Gevaert starting manufacturing photographic products the Fotomuseum Antwerpen in collaboration with Agfa-Mortsel made an exposition devoted to 70 years advertising of Gevaert (untill the merger) .

Shooter
    35mm
    I just posted four Agfa and a Rolleiflex ad from the 50ies here: http://blog.ashyra.de/2008/03/25/stylish-ads-1950s/
    [wakaba mark:] dabbling in photography since december 2006, so bear with me ...

my camera: a Canon A-1.

Shooter
    35mm

So much fun!

This has turned into such a fun thread! More posters from yesteryears please! Especially the B&W stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JohnsonsAd.jpg   ReidAd.jpg   PeriflexAd.jpg  

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's an Agfa advertisement from "Photography For Novices. The Primus Handbook" (1902) -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Agfa ad 1902 lr.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin