Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,609   Online: 833

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    From the October 1948 Popular Photography Giant Directory Issue...

edited to add the text because it's hard to read:

Kodak Tri-Chem Pack saves time, saves trouble, saves chemicals. It's especially convenient if you develop and print in your kitchen or bathroom. You make what you use: use what you make; no surplus to bottle and store. And you can depend on uniform results - with fresh new chemicals every time.

Each Kodak Tri-Chem Pack makes 8 ounces of developer, 8 ounces of stop bath, 8 ounces of Fixer...enough to process two rolls of 620 film, or fifty 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 prints, or their equivalents.

Mixing's quick and easy. Tear off corners of packets and pour contents into prescribed amounts of water. (Detailed instructions in each kit.)

Each Kodak Tri-Chem Pack contains:
    Kodak Universal M-Q Developer
    Kodak Universal Stop Bath with Indicator
    Kodak Universal Fixer - all in foil packets
    Price - 20 cents
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized Kodak Tri-Chem1.jpg  
    Last edited by RoNinHeart; 03-25-2008 at 08:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What a wonderful idea that is!

Simon - are you watching...? Some sort of mini-kit like that might be just the ticket to go alongside your Defend the Darkroom campaign; a cheap (almost disposable, so if you don't get on you don't feel you've wasted too much) starter kit would certainly make it easier to convince people to just 'have a go'. (The magic of seeing their first developed roll will do the rest .)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG, the Tri-Chem-Pak from Kodak was "THE" thing back then and far into the 60s. I have a few around here somewhere.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    OMG, the Tri-Chem-Pak from Kodak was "THE" thing back then and far into the 60s. I have a few around here somewhere.

PE
    You remember the '60s, Ron? You can't have been there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    What a wonderful idea that is!

Simon - are you watching...? Some sort of mini-kit like that might be just the ticket to go alongside your Defend the Darkroom campaign; a cheap (almost disposable, so if you don't get on you don't feel you've wasted too much) starter kit would certainly make it easier to convince people to just 'have a go'. (The magic of seeing their first developed roll will do the rest .)
    I was thinking the same thing as I was scanning the old ad. I bet one could market it to all the people out there buying holgas and then trying to figure out where to get 120 film developed.

This would also rock for traveling! Would there be a problem putting something like this in checked luggage?
    Ronin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford - 1934 Ad

I've held on to the June 20, 1934 issue of "The Amateur Photographer & Cinematographer" magazine (UK) because the images are so well reproduced. I think I found this at a garage sale a few years ago. The back page has the attached ad from Ilford. The full-page ad is as you see it, in blue.

Also, on page 18, there is a full page congratulations letter (that I did not scan) to the magazine on their "50th Birthday". Wow. 50th anniversary of a photography magazine in 1934. Not bad.

Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ilford-1934-img131.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Some sort of mini-kit like that might be just the ticket to go alongside your Defend the Darkroom campaign; a cheap (almost disposable, so if you don't get on you don't feel you've wasted too much) starter kit would certainly make it easier to convince people to just 'have a go'.
    I second that, it's just what I was thinking ... I'd really love to 'have a go' without spending too much and cramming my apartment with stuff.

Imagine, you could give it to friends and they'd discover the magic, too ...
    [wakaba mark:] dabbling in photography since december 2006, so bear with me ...

my camera: a Canon A-1.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    My first darkroom experiences were with the Tri-Chem-Pak. "Universal H-Q Developer" -- process your film AND your prints with the same chemical!

Man, that brings back memories...

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you remember the Universal MQ developer in test tubes with small corks separating the components?

Do you remember Dektol in large jars with screw caps, and a cardboard cylinder inside with the Metol and HQ?

Do you remember Versatol liquid developer for prints and film?

If you do, you are older than dirt!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's one from the September 1948 Popular Photography issue. Too any old movies I guess, that hat and camera says Photographer to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized Ad.jpg  
    Ronin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin