Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,318   Online: 1010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

120 Fortepan 400 from Freestyle; Emulsion Defects!

I guess it's nothing new to some people but unfortunately I had purchased 35 rolls of the stuff back in mid-December. Just got around to developing two rolls, both rolls have random clear pits.. One roll has an odd grey-purple splattering of density, looks like someone poured juice on the negative.
    I've sent an email to Freestyle but since it's been much longer than 30 days i'm probably stuck with it. I buy my film once to twice a year and now i'm screwed. Any experiences returning stuff like this? The batch number is 5831.

PS- I loved Fortepan in the past.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Within 10 minutes of emailing customer service, I had a reply stating that I could send the unused unopened film back in order to exchange for new film.
    I'm happy! I like Freestyle. I'm probably going to go with some Neopan, or maybe even more Arista.edu/foma.

Good customer service from Freestyle!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great customer service!!

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Freestyle always gives great customer service! I'd switch for the new Arista/Foma. Forte was always a crap shoot for myself and others I've heard from. While Foma is absolutely brilliant.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    This has been my experience as well . The Fortepan.edu -by now-is pretty old but even 2 years back was giving me similar problems. The Foma.edu is alot more reliable (I did have some rolls with problems about a year ago ) but very delicate. Freestyle is a great operation and will always make good on materials they sell.

Be Well

Victor
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I had a bad batch of APX 25 from Freestyle last year and it was replaced immediately. In fact I got the replacement before they even got the film back from me. Great customer service.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Both the 35mm and the 120 Fortepan 400 I recently bought from Freestyle is sh*t. I just developed some 35mm and the same 'line of light' that I had running end to end in some of my 120 just ruined a roll of 35mm that is pretty special to me. Don't buy it-too much of a crapshoot.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a batch of efke 25 in 8x10 w/o notches. It took quite a bit of bickering on my part to get a replacement. I do quite a bit of shopping there as its in my neighborhood. I wasn't happy.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    The Holga/LOMO folks may want some of that defective Forte film, as it may give them some images they find very interesting. Just a thought. And, Yes, Freestyle sure sounds like an A-1 operation with excellent customer support & service.

paulie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Re: Freestyle. I have dealt with them since the 1960s. Freestyle is first rate. Like Phillip I usually order once or twice a year; and prefer to buy film and paper ahead of time so it makes its cross-country trip in the cooler months of the year.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin