Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,463   Online: 1136

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got some Ilford paper to try with.
    Here are the results with Varycon.

Guillaume
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zuili_2_Pinhole_Print_003_copy.jpg   Zuili_Car_Pinhole_Print_001_copy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would use a higher dilution of bleach, 1+9 or 1+14 so that times are in the 1 minute range (at least)
    You can also selectively bleach with brush, sponge or similar.
    The "stinker" is really awesome, the more you diluted the warmer the effect and the faster it acts, specially in the highlights. Since sulfide works from the hihglights to the shadows you can still get some good split with selenium.

I don't know if you can tone without bleach in that toner... I was a big fan of Viradon (old) but found that the newer one also has some charm to it, being a polysulfide only toner.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    I read in another thread that you were having trouble with batch consistancy with this paper. Has this changed at all?

Thanks Guillaume.
    I use this paper extensively and the batch to batch consistency is not as good as Ilfords but ok. You'll need to make minor adjustments to print times with each new box. I have stopped trying to sepia tone this paper. Although the color and splits that can be achieved are stunningly beautiful, small dark blobs will form when the paper is put in the sepia toner after bleaching. This occurs on 50% or more of prints. I literally have to make 3-4 prints to get one blob free print after sepia toning.

Regards,
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin