Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,324   Online: 758

Shooter
    35mm

Ilford "Type 11 Professional Developer"...?

Hi folks. This is my first post here, and I've a question about Ilford "Type 11 Professional Developer"... What was this stuff? This is apparently NOT the same as Ilford ID-11... This has Methyl P-Aminophenol Sulfate in the Part A package... Pretty sure that stuff wasn't used in ID-11. I found this Type 11 in the back of an old camera shop, and the price was very right... It's probably quite old, but a powder mix to make "3-5 gallons". Anyone know what this is?

Thanks, Duane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
    Hi folks. This is my first post here, and I've a question about Ilford "Type 11 Professional Developer"... What was this stuff? This is apparently NOT the same as Ilford ID-11... This has Methyl P-Aminophenol Sulfate in the Part A package... Pretty sure that stuff wasn't used in ID-11. I found this Type 11 in the back of an old camera shop, and the price was very right... It's probably quite old, but a powder mix to make "3-5 gallons". Anyone know what this is?

Thanks, Duane
    Dunno about Ilford "Type 11 Professional Developer".

Ilford ID-11 was - and is - Ilford's version of Kodak D-76.

As such, ID-11 was and is - a Metol (Methyl P-Aminophenol Sulfate ) Hydroquinone Developer. Google for the current Ilford Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Tom. Maybe this is just really old packaging of ID-11. Hopefully it's still OK...

Cheers, Duane

Shooter
    35mm
    Try e-mailing Ilford. I have always found its customer services very good. They can probably give you the history of it. Then let us know. Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That strange chemical is just metol, which is also in ID-11.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin