Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,716   Posts: 1,483,066   Online: 926

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ILFORD DEVELOPER FACT SHEET for DDX, LC29, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Mark. I have been highly impressed with DDX and its grain for what is a slight speed increasing developer as well as Perceptol which of course is speed reducing. In "The Rotary Processor Manual" John Tinsley mentions Perceptol and times.

If you want more info, just pm me

pentaxuser
    CHECK OUT http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/20073211236917.pdf
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Have you tried a more dilute solution of LC29? More dilute devs usually require a longer dev time...LC29 is great stuff, I think I'd find a way to make it work or, accept (rejoice in) the very short dev times.
    I have been thinking about this, but how dilute can one go? I can't find any information about diluting it more than 1+29.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How dilute can you go with LC29?

Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    I have been thinking about this, but how dilute can one go? I can't find any information about diluting it more than 1+29.
    I suspect that you could go to dilutions of 1+60 or 1+100 with LC29 but you would need to perform some development tests with controlled test negatives to confirm this. I would expect development agitation rate and type to be important variables.

Minimal agitation should permit the greatest developer dilution.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I recall, Pyrocat-HD was pretty much designed for this sort of thing. It is also a very fine, well behaved, long lasting developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pyrocat-HD is available as an Organic Liquid Concentrate

Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    As I recall, Pyrocat-HD was pretty much designed for this sort of thing. It is also a very fine, well behaved, long lasting developer.
    Yes, it and Pyrocat-MC have become my developers of choice. Pyrocat-HD (and MC) are both available as Organic Liquid Concentrates.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't want to use pyro either. I've tried it already. It interferes with the multigrade filtration and requires a whole new bunch of calibrations on my analyser. I'm trying to simplify things ;-)

So far it looks as if DDX and TMax are on the list of possibles. Doesn't anyone use FD10 or Aculux in a rotary system?
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Mark. I have been highly impressed with DDX and its grain for what is a slight speed increasing developer as well as Perceptol which of course is speed reducing. In "The Rotary Processor Manual" John Tinsley mentions Perceptol and times.

If you want more info, just pm me

pentaxuser
    Thanks for this. Is this book worth getting? I have not come across it before.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mark

I use a lot of HC-110 in my Jobo, usually at dil B, but sometimes more dilute. I mostly keep the concentrate in apothecary jars, and measure it with a syringe - the syrup keeps for a long time.

Development times at dil B can be a bit on the short side (~5 mins for HP-5), but greater dilutions work well too, just extending the time. I tend to keep processing times constant, and adjust contrast with concentration (I started doing this with BTZS tubes, and that allowed me to develop N-, N and N+ all at the same time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have found ddx good stuff in my Jobo but had great results from Jessops econotol It lasts very well as a concentrate too.

Ilford DDX 1:9.....I use with Tmax-both speeds, Delta 100, HP5.....convenient to use and measure, almost universally available at a reasonable price, no problems at all. I occasionally will use RolloPyro or Rollei Low Speed....but, as noted, for a standard reliable, easy to measure and store product, it's currently DDX in the Jobo drums, both expert drums and for roll film(s). Indeed, I used DDX for all of my film curves.

Ed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin