Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,259   Online: 1004

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a follow up to this.

I was ordering some stuff online and the place sold Aculux 3. I thought what the heck and bought a bottle just to try. It is fine and I can get much longer times if I need to. It has 2 regular dilutions: 1+9 and 1+14. With 1+14 I get times over 10 minutes for HP5 in the Jobo. The negatives are great. I'm going to try 1+9 next. It's also very cheap.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    Thanks for this. Is this book worth getting? I have not come across it before.
    Sorry Mark I somehow missed this post although I have replied to a later post. You must have wondered why this odd behaviour on my part.

The book is very good on Jobo equipment and both C41, E6 and the RA4 print process and Cibachrome. It even covers the R3 process for reversal materials. The fact that it covers a process which to all intents and purposes is now defunct is also its drawback. Namely it was published in 1992 and some of the kits have been superceded and in that sense is becoming out of date. Essentially he covers Pan F, FP4+ and D400 only and 3 Ilford devs, ID11 Perceptol and Microphen but comments on others. You could work out times for others from his fairly comprehensive outline for what works and what doesn't.

As far as B&W is concerned, the same comment applies i.e. it covers only a small range of B&W films and developers but the instructions and conclusions still hold good, I'd say.

Overall I'd say it is worth looking for and buying. I'd try Amazon first. If you ever get the chance try Hay-on Wye. The bookshop capitol of the world! There must have been about 6 shops there at least all catering for photography with massive secondhand stocks.

Good as the book is, I was amazed to see it on e-bay recently and fetch £33! I think this was way over the odds but it may be very scarce now. E-bay occasionally amazes me in terms of prices.

I want to keep mine but if you need the highlights of the B&W section and especially the dev times let me know via pm.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, Pentaxuser. I'll keep an eye out for a used copy.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin