Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,961   Posts: 1,558,286   Online: 948

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Liquid one shot film dev for jobo

I have been using Ilford LC29 in a Jobo cpe2 processor. It is OK, but for some tested films I am getting very short times (less than 4 minutes) even with the rotation speed set low and dilution at 1+29. This doesn't leave much room for manoeuvre.

I was wondering of anyone else had any recommendations for a good, cheap all round liquid fine grain developer that might have longer times. Searching has turned up Paterson Aculux 3 and Fotospeed FD10 as possibles. Or maybe the new Ilfosol 3, but I can't find spec sheets for this yet.

Cheers.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you consider Ilford ID 11 or Perceptol? I know they are powders and are pain to mix but the result are good. Ilford states, "you should decrease development by 15%"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks.

Yes. I have tried ID11 and it worked fine on the films I tried, but I would rather use a liquid concentrate. I am thinking that I will go back to ID11 if I can't find a liquid developer that is suitable.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Kodak TMAX RS developer with good results. I think with developers people sometimes get romantic about wanting an obscure developer that tans, stains, compensates, stands and does other tricks with mix your own chemicals only obtainable from a Chinese importer in the alley. But plain old Kodak works well.

Diluting TMAX RS 1:9 is very convenient, inexpensive, and gives manageable development times. My development times range from 4-16 minutes, although when I am trying to boost contrast I usually switch to a 1:4 dilution which shortens the development times a bit.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    I have been using Ilford LC29 in a Jobo cpe2 processor. It is OK, but for some tested films I am getting very short times (less than 4 minutes) even with the rotation speed set low and dilution at 1+29. This doesn't leave much room for manoeuvre.

I was wondering of anyone else had any recommendations for a good, cheap all round liquid fine grain developer that might have longer times. Searching has turned up Paterson Aculux 3 and Fotospeed FD10 as possibles. Or maybe the new Ilfosol 3, but I can't find spec sheets for this yet.

Cheers.
    If you can mix your own developers from scratch; Try Jordan's Organic solution version of Instant Mytol. It works great.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum223/...ant-mytol.html
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why not try DDX I have great results with the stuff. I think it is their T-Max style developer, but it has given great results on all films I have tried it on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for your replies.

I want something convenient that can be used at short notice so mixing my own is not really an option - I may as well just use ID11. That's why I like LC29. It is economical, easy to use and lasts a long time even after opening. It's just the development times that are bit short for some of my films in the Jobo.

Also I like DDX, but it is too expensive.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 23mjm View Post
    Why not try DDX I have great results with the stuff. I think it is their T-Max style developer, but it has given great results on all films I have tried it on.
    DDX like TMax, is another liquid concentrate PQ (Phenidone/Hydroquinone) developer - i.e., a liquid concentrate version of Ilford Microphen.

If you prefer the results you get with Ascorbic Acid based developers (like XTol, etc.) try the organic liquid concentrate version of Instant Mytol.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Have you tried a more dilute solution of LC29? More dilute devs usually require a longer dev time...LC29 is great stuff, I think I'd find a way to make it work or, accept (rejoice in) the very short dev times.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mark. I have been highly impressed with DDX and its grain for what is a slight speed increasing developer as well as Perceptol which of course is speed reducing. In "The Rotary Processor Manual" John Tinsley mentions Perceptol and times.

If you want more info, just pm me

pentaxuser

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin