Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,486   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I purchased about 35 120 rolls of this from Freestyle in December. Just got around to using some and yes, mine have pinholes too. I've since corresponded with customer service and they will take it back in exchange for a different film. A+ for their customer service, as I was expecting a fight to get them to exchange it.

It's unfortunate, as the price for the film was right. And I kind of like the images, even though the prints are peppered with tiny black specks.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    All I can say is that if it was a late run by Forte you are probably more likely to run into coating defects. I have some Forte Polygrade that has the most beautiful color I've ever seen in lith, but it has coating defects... Late run of production.
    Exactly. Forte's QC went down the tubes when they went in and out of financial re-organization, and ultimately out of business. In the end, they were only using a small fraction of the old big factory, and did not have the capital to keep going.
    Last edited by Silverhead; 03-31-2008 at 04:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Oh but it gets better. I shot like 20 rolls of it in Venice last month with my new Zero Image 6x9. Great place-awesome camera-SH*t film.

I also shot alot of TriX, Rollei Retro, and Efke too (THANKS SO MUCH Denis P) The few Foma rolls are ALOT better than the Fortepan 120.

What's really weird is that the pinholes are in the shadows and midtones not at all in the densest areas/skies. I know I promised to scan but the curl is so bad I can't! I'll scan a print soon.

Hey Thomas-why are you hijacking my thread with your housecleaning? ?
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it something like this?
    I am mot sure if this is dust ore a hole.
    Rollei Retro 400, Pyro HD + waterstop + FX-U
    Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 08-17-2008 at 01:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    No actually more like alot of much smaller ones. That's terrible!
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin