Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,675   Online: 1176

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re-using plastic bottles

When I started using TF4, some months ago, I kept my regular fix (Zone6 film and paper fix, mixed from powder) and stop (I mix 28% from a gallon of glacial purchased from Kodak years ago) until I knew I wasn't going back to the acid stuff.

I'm not using these any more, and will donate what's left to a local teaching darkroom, but would like to use the gallon jugs to mix up a whole gallon concentrate of TF4 at once, since it's difficult to keep suspended while measuring. These are good jugs, either glass (the old amber ones), or Kodak translucent jugs, the kind you got when purchasing either Rapid Fix, or other darkroom chemicals by the gallon in the 80s and 90s.

Can I soak water in them for a week or so, or maybe a weak solution of Sodium Sulfite to rid them of any acid traces and use for TF4? I assume a thorough water rinse is enough for the glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A thorough rinse should be fine for the plastic too. TF4 is heavily buffered, so it should be able to deal with whatever acid could remain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin