Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,972   Online: 1192

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    You asked about tray sizes. Normally the tray sizes account for the need to be able to sit the paper in the liquid, move it around and then lift it out so a 5x7 tray is a little bigger than 5x7, likewise 8x10. If you are doing both sizes you can simply use the 8x10, it saves buying a 5x7 set but at the cost of making up more liquid. The rate of usage rate should be the same so you can do twice as many 5x7s as 8x10s. Personally I'd go for the bigger trays which gives more room in each.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    that's kewl. I have to pick up another 8x10 tray because the tray i use for the stop bath has a hairline crack on the bottom of the tray, so i need to replace it. and pick up 1 or 2 more to have when i do get into toning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1. Get Tim Rudman's book
    2.Read it!
    3. you can "simulate" toning using computer programs (such as this tutorial for GIMP) and then you can decide which will suit you better
    4. Use common sense, lots of ventilation and be ready to screw up more than once!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin