Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,128   Online: 838

Shooter
    35mm
    I've developed yesterday nigh a Tmax 100 35mm film.
    HC-110, Dil B 6 min, 21 C, agitation 5 full inversion of the tank each minute.

Never before saw such a problem neg.

- Streaks all over, side to side between perforations.
    - A whitish/brownish very dense spot (changes with light angle) at the side, between frame and perforation.
    - a milky streak some 3/4 inches long between film perforation and outside.

If this was not enough, due to a camera battery problem 3 frames were grossly underexposed.

))-:

Well, in your opinion would the above be related to development or the film itself?

Thanks for any help,

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    If I were hazarding a guess, I would say that you have a problem with your processing procedures.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps there was something wrong with the developer. Also you may not be giving it proper agitation. Unidirectional agitation can sometimes cause streaks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Milky streaks are usually from inadequate fixing due to the film sticking together in the tank. I'd guess you didn't load the film on the reel properly.

Sacrifice a roll of film and practice in the light until you can do it with your eyes closed before processing your next roll of film. If you don't process film with some frequency (at least weekly), it is possible to get out of practice, so if that's the case, you might want to practice loading film onto reels occasionally between film processing sessions or take more pictures!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, guys

I've just forgot to mention that this was a reloaded cannister and the film went loose at rewind time...

All in a single day...Should have gone fishing.

So I had to load the tank using a changing bag, pulling the film out of the camera and something went avoc.

Let's hope I'm luckier next time...

Jorge O

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin