Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,878   Online: 1141

Thread: Roll paper?

I saw a reference to roll paper and did a search. One of the local suppliers even stocks it. [Kodak's] Assuming the price is reasonable I've got a couple of questions.

1) How big is a roll? I don't mean in feet but in terms of the amount of space it'll occupy in my fridge. I'm most interested in the 11"x250' rolls.

2) Just how bad will the curling be?

3) What kind of lifespan will cold stored RC paper have?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert,

the diameter of a 250' roll is about 7". I would not recommend to freeze rolls, because it takes a long time to defrost them. As long as you don't need variable widths, I would recommend cutting the roll into sheets, package and freeze them as needed.

The curl is usually bad, but cut sheets will get flatter over the time (in the paper safe or in a box). If you plan to cut variable width sheets on demand (e.g. for panoramic prints), you should have a good vacuum easel to save your nerves.

Freezed B&W Paper will survive your fridge. Color paper at least 5 years.

I was hoping to cut it mostly into 11x14 but I'd also like the option of cut to size. I found a place nearby selling Agfa in rolls but the prices on the website seem confusing. Much of what they sell by the case is more expensive then what it sells for at retail locally. Plus they list stuff that hasn't been made for better part of a decade. I guess I'll think about this some more. The size of a roll sounds okay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin