Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,450   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Sandy, P'Cat HD is one dev I never thought of using as a divided. I'll have to try it. Thanks!

Jim,

Let me know of your results. And you might want to experiment with different dilutions. I have not promoted this kind of use in the past but believe it has a lot of promise today and plan to do some more experiments in an attempt to bring the speed back up to box.

But as is you can get great sharpness with the processing method given in the other message.

BTW, I did some further tests today with 2-bath Pyrocat-HD and found that it is possible to get box speed (or perhaps even more) by using 3X times phenidone in Stock Solution A. I plan to use that as the standard in the future for 2-bath Pyrocat-HD.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 04-04-2008 at 04:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll let you know. It sounds promising. It might even work on T-Max!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    I'll let you know. It sounds promising. It might even work on T-Max!
    Jim,

I am going to do a T-MAX 400 test this evening. I will post the H&D curves later today, or if not, tomorrow.

I am pretty excited about this. What I am seeing so far is very promising.

Sandy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    mr King, or anyone else that may know,

what are the keeping properties of pyrocat hd's A bath at the 1:10 dilution you've suggested for two bath development? will one be able to reuse bath A for a reasonable period of time ( +3 months?) would you have to modify it to extend its life at this dilution?

thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not trying to be the authority that Sandy is, but when you dilute a dev more than its stock solution it goes bad in a short time. With pyro devs, I'd use it within the hour.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ... is it a matter of increasing the preservative?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by el wacho View Post
    mr King, or anyone else that may know,

what are the keeping properties of pyrocat hd's A bath at the 1:10 dilution you've suggested for two bath development? will one be able to reuse bath A for a reasonable period of time ( +3 months?) would you have to modify it to extend its life at this dilution?

thanks in advance.
    Hi,

Not sure. I need to test. Today I used the same A and B working solution for a period of 6-8 hours and the first and last films through seemed to have about the same density and contrast.

It may be possible to modify the developer to extend the life of the working solutions for several days or longer. Your question is very pertinent, and one that I had already begun to investigate.

My initial suspicion is that the A solution will have a fairly long life as it, but the B solution will oxidize quickly. What is not bad, since the B solution is a a very inexpensive carbonate solu tion that can be replaced at very low cost, if economy is a factor.

Sandy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks for your response Sandy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    <snip>
    3. Pour out Solution A and pour in Solution B. No rinse between. Initial agitation two or thee inversions, then two or three inversions at the 1/4, 12 and 3/4 points of development.
    <snip>
    The purpose of the relatively long time in B and the final water bath is to allow developer exhaustion for maximum adjacency effects.
    <snip>
    Sandy,

It appears that you don't specify the time in Solution B in this post. I do see the times for Solution A and the final water bath. Am I missing something, or is it in another post that I missed? Thanks for any clarification.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Sandy,

It appears that you don't specify the time in Solution B in this post. I do see the times for Solution A and the final water bath. Am I missing something, or is it in another post that I missed? Thanks for any clarification.

Lee

The time should be 8 minutes, but 6-10 will give about the same result.

I am really still tweaking this myself so nothing is in stone here.

Sandy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin