Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,906   Online: 974

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timeUnit View Post
    If you're using 1+9 dilution of the two solutions, I assume that the solutions are not used once and then discarded, as is the case with one-bath use of PyroHD? Correct? Is it safe to assume that the 1+9 solution has approx 10 times the capacity of the 1+1+100 one-bath solution?
    The solutions can definitely be re-used, though I am not sure that the capacity is ten times that of the 1+1+100 dilution. Also, there is a question of time for working solution B since it begins to oxidize as soon as it comes in contact with the A in the film so I think it would be no good in a couple of hours. The A working solution lasts for some time, definitely over 24 hours, though I don't know how long beyond that.

Sorry, but quite a number of things I don't know yet for sure about two-bath Pyrocat.

Sandy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post

Sorry, but quite a number of things I don't know yet for sure about two-bath Pyrocat.

Sandy
    Hello Sandy

Just to revive this old thread. I watched it with great interest and was wondering if you have had anymore findings regarding two- bath Pyrocat that you could share with us all.

Kindest Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
    Hello Sandy

Just to revive this old thread. I watched it with great interest and was wondering if you have had anymore findings regarding two- bath Pyrocat that you could share with us all.

Kindest Regards

Stoo
    Hi Stoo,

Thanks for your interest. I don't have anything to add right now. However, I am working on an article on two-bath development for LF films, where scanning rather than darkroom printing is anticipated, and hope to include two-bath Pyrocat-HD in the study.

The only thing I can say for certian, in addition to earlier comments, is that it is much more consistent to use Pyrocat-HD as one shot rather than to try to re-use the developer. This has some issues from an economic perspective because we need such a strong dilution, 1:10. But Pyrocat-HD is very economical to mix so this may not be a major issue for some.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Hi Stoo,

Thanks for your interest. I don't have anything to add right now. However, I am working on an article on two-bath development for LF films, where scanning rather than darkroom printing is anticipated, and hope to include two-bath Pyrocat-HD in the study.

The only thing I can say for certian, in addition to earlier comments, is that it is much more consistent to use Pyrocat-HD as one shot rather than to try to re-use the developer. This has some issues from an economic perspective because we need such a strong dilution, 1:10. But Pyrocat-HD is very economical to mix so this may not be a major issue for some.

Sandy King
    Thank You for your reply Sandy. I have never been a fan of the re-use of chemicals anyway. And as you say, the developer costs pennies to make. Best of luck with your future testing.

Kind Regards

Stoo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin