Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,395   Online: 875

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Defect on BPF200

I have been processing 10 sheets of 8x10 in Jobo 3005 yesterday.
    On two sheets, the two I like (why is it always like that !!!), I have a woof (not sure of the word, it's trame in french) all over. Very fine dots all over.
    I'm pissed.
    Any clue of that ? Will post a scan of a print as soon as it's dried.

G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "trame" = web - like a mesh pattern I assume?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Jim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Full print and detail.
    Thanks for any imput.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nega Trouble 1.jpg   Trouble Detail.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Distilled water used? Really need more information. As you procaly know white spots are usually some foreign material introduced in developing. At least they are white so you can spot them. Much tougher if they are pinhole.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    If I were you I would send an email to guy gerard from bergger. He always answers.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No distilled water this time but i don't think it's the cause, too regular. 2 minutes rinse, Agfa 8, water bath, fix, usual stuff always works fine...
    Rlibersky, it's not the white spots that are bothering me. it's that all mess of lines that are horizontal.
    Aurelien, I will send an email.
    Thanks,
    Guillaume

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could it be the back of the film holder ?

If you see black specks on the neg that print white like this in random areas, it is precipitated silver from used fix. Sometimes filtering is sufficient for 4x5, never for 35mm.

If used fix stands more than 24 hours, I can see the black flecks forming on the bottom of the glass bottle. They stick like glue to the next film, but can be rubbed off before drying. After drying, no way. Force streams of water will do no good.

My problems went away when I stopped reusing film fix. I now use it up on test prints. I only use fresh fix on film I care about. Use glass bottles and clean them between use. Save and use for fix only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This banding looks like a coating defect PE mentioned before - regular sinusoidal lines across the width of the film as it is coated. I can't remember if it was the head vibrating or the paper that was feeding incorrectly... No doubt as the US wakes up PE will let us know if it does look like it.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin