Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,477   Posts: 1,570,999   Online: 901

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey jordan, you know you don't legally have to pay the brokerage fees eh?

Refuse delivery when they show up to your door.

You'll need to get the waybill from the courier company.

Once you get the waybill, head to customs to pay any duty or taxes that are owing.

Make sure you also have an invoice or something to prove the value of your delivery.

After that, it's back to the courier company to pick up your package.

problem solved.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Ironsights View Post

If you find any more good deals....let me know. In the meantime I'll support freestyle mostly, and local companies when they go back to supporting me, instead of gouging me and refusing to supply me with the stuff I need.
    I heartily agree, Bobby; it's Freestyle for me, too.

A few years ago, I tried to order an entire case of paper: 1000-sheets of 8x10 RC VC. The person at the supplier's head office special order department (who shall remain nameless) refused; I telephoned the importer of the product, and complained, and within 30 minutes I had a call from the local store manager, who took the particulars and got me what I wanted.

These people now get zero business from me; I telephone Freestyle, and within ten days to two weeks, the product is at my door.

sjb

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think that Photo Central in Winnipeg is developing a web site you can order through. It would be worth looking into.( 1-204-774-4343) I'll check into this when I am there this week.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rob Skeoch in Burlington has only Ilford materials, but he is competitive and easy to deal with. He is also a serious photoghrapher which helps. A lot of shops will get things for you if you twist their arm but they really wish you would either just go away or talk to them about digital. I wish there was something like Freestyle in Canada.

http://www.bigcameraworkshops.com/default2.asp

The price of LF colour film in Canada was outrageous the last time I looked, so I also order from B&H. Excellent service and no-hassle shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

current deals

I was at Rob's - big camera workshops- on the weekend, and he had a collection of 120 and 35mm film that was slow moving for him, so he was offering it at 20% off of listed prices. I have a full freezer, and therfore resisted the deal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rob Skeoch is great to deal with - I bought my Berlebach tripod off of him and got prompt, polite service.

I also use Photo Central a lot, because they are local and have a commitment to traditional photography.

That is the main point -- SUPPORT stores that support you! PC's prices were competitive, they're local (for me) and they were very good to deal with.

Keep in mind, too, that if you have a written quote from someone, you can always approach your local dealer and ask them to match. It's worth a try, although I would be willing to pay a few dollars more if it means I'm supporting a local retailer.
    Seems to be a lot more constructive than watching stores close due to lack of support, and then bitching about how hard it is to find film in online chat forums!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have ordered from Photoco in the past and not had any issues even during the Christmas Rush.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've ordered from Rob Skeoch in the past.Fast and professional!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Beau Photo in Vancouver does mail orders too. I was in there about a month ago and they have a decent stock of film, paper and chemistry eg: foma, adox and oriental ... alas they don't have an internet store.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have not used Rob Skeoch yet, because I had stocked up just before he got rolling. I will certainly consider him in future. I had forgotten about Beau Photo. I don't know if they are competitively priced, but they got me a lot of Art Contact 2 some time ago when one else would even do the research to find if there was any left.

Cheers,
    Clarence
    Last edited by CRhymer; 04-07-2008 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin