Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,391   Online: 949

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Dumb question about Jobo 2500 and Uniset holders

Hi all,

I just got a new Jobo 2500 and a Uniset 2509n reel. Now the manual says that these black holder thingies that came with it have to be inserted even when developing only one or two sheets. The manual also says they "click into place". I'm totally at a loss - where do they click into place? I absolutely can't figure out how to insert them and I start feeling like a chimpanzee who's been given a too complex toy by a mean researcher. Help! Give me back my humanity!

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Antje,

They clip over the entrance slots to the spirals. If you look on the underside of each of the spool sections, there are three little moulded posts (at most about 2mm long). The black "flaps" clip over these, with the "V" pointing in to the centre of the reel.

Photo attached which (just about) illustrates the situation.

By the way, i often do not use them if I am loading four sheets or less, as they were (i believe) originally introduced to overcome some development inconsistencies when six sheets were loaded.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    YAY!!!!! That did it! Thank you, Steve, you saved my day and what was left of my sanity.

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B£#*@r!!! Forgot to attach the photie! :rolleyes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2509n reel.jpg  
    Steve

Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My p[leasure
    Steve

Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Antje,

I am not sure to use the right vocabulary, but there is squares notches on each sides of the blacks things, and they fits (on the 2509 reel), on the small beveled plastic bits, on each part of the reel...

Oh by the hell, a few pictures worth more than words :
    Sometimes, digit*l pics are useful

I recommend training to fit theses damned things onto place, on daylight, with junk sheet films, because there is even more difficult to fit them with sheets in place than without !

Hope this helps,

Raphael

P.S : damned, too late...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1916r.jpg   DSCF1917r.jpg   DSCF1918r.jpg  
    Last edited by Raphael; 04-05-2008 at 07:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Hello Antje,

I am not sure to use the right vocabulary, but there is squares notches on each sides of the blacks things, and they fits (on the 2509 reel), on the small beveled plastic bits, on each part of the reel...

Oh by the hell, a few pictures worth more than words :
    Sometimes, digit*l pics are useful

I recommend training to fit theses damned things onto place, on daylight, with junk sheet films, because there is even more difficult to fit them with sheets in place than without !

Hope this helps,

Raphael

P.S : damned, too late...

Hey, but your post had more pictures in it. Thanks a lot, guys, that was super helpful, you really saved the day! Thanks to Rob, too, who deleted his post, but I'm sure his suggestions would have saved this poor damsel in distress, too.

Antje

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin